January 18, 2022
7 Trends To Watch in 2022
What phenomena and trends are worth watching in the new year? Which events will change the economic reality? Will the COVID-19 pandemic continue to affect the business environment? Check out the #TrendsToWatch2022 recommendations by Bartosz Pastuszka, CEO of NaviRisk.
Bartosz Pastuszka, CEO NaviRisk:
- 2022 will continue to be a volatile year through the #COVID19 pandemic, rising #inflation, disrupted supply chains, and an unstable geopolitical situation.
- The market for #counterfeit products and illegal imports will increase. Mainly in pharmaceuticals, chemicals, fertilizers and pesticides, and luxury products (this is related to the breakdown of supply chains or the increase in prices of these products).
- Internal and external theft will increase in companies (mainly due to the impoverishment of society, and savings in security budgets).
- 2022 will be the year of companies and institutions that have invested in security and the development of cyberculture and awareness (due to the growing and real threat of hacker attacks and the transfer of the main axis of the functionality of companies to the Internet, e.g. remote working, functioning in the cloud, etc.)
- However, the number of hacking attacks, data and identity theft, phishing attacks will systematically increase. (including the emergence of targeted attacks based on the embezzlement of substantial sums of money, cyber blackmail, etc.)
- The activity of so-called international criminal groups will increase, both in typical organized crime and economic crime (this is due to geopolitical problems, mass migration, and the growth of the so-called grey economy)
- The year 2022 will be the year of companies that consciously manage risk, security and can quickly respond to crises, which have invested in strategies and security tools.
May 12, 2022
Double extortion’ is the term given to an evolving ransomware tactic: first, steal confidential data, then encrypt the victim’s files. Cybercriminal uses a database encryption attack to extort money but with an additional initial attack to ensure that the backup does not render the attack useless. Before a cybercriminal attack with ransomware, he hacks […]
April 11, 2022
Businesses need to be able to be up to date with the dynamic sanctions landscape to stay compliant. NaviRisk screens sanction lists globally and in each country separately. The searches include lists published by states, organizations, and international unions. Apart from the most important UK, US, EU, and United Nations lists, we also check police […]
April 8, 2022
Cybersecurity is a crucial element of every organization’s safety. COVID_19 pandemic has changed the labor market, turning our homes into offices and our families and guest into, willing or unwilling, spectators or even participants of our professional activities. Even though some time has already passed since the pandemic, this situation has not returned to “normal” […]