November 20, 2023
Device Security: Best Practices for Phones
Threat actors increasingly target mobile devices to steal people’s credentials, gain access to corporate networks, or simply spy on victims’ activity. To help you maintain your device’s security, the expert recommends following these best practices:
- Create a strong lock-screen pin or password (at least six digits) and set your phone to lock automatically after 5 minutes.
- Consider also using biometrics (face recognition or fingerprints) for authentication to unlock your device.
- Disable Bluetooth when you’re not using it.
- Don’t connect to public WiFi, disable WiFi when unneeded, and delete unused WiFi networks.
- Use a protective case that can drown the microphone to block room audio and cover the camera when not in use.
- Don’t have sensitive conversations near your phone unless it is configured to handle secure voice.
- Update phone software and applications as soon as updates are available.
- Don’t have sensitive conversations via text message.
- Disable location services when not needed and do not bring your phone to sensitive locations.
- Don’t open unknown email attachments or links.
- Only use original charging cords or charging accessories purchased from a trusted manufacturer.
- Don’t jailbreak or root your phone.
- Power your phone off and on weekly.
- Maintain control of your phone — don’t lose it!
However, if you have already fallen victim to cybercriminals – our specialists will help you in this crisis situation to recover your data and secure your devices against further attacks.
Contact us at email@example.com
August 31, 2023
If we are discussing cyber security issues, we must admit that a safe child is a safe parent. If you take proper care of your children’s digital safety, you will avoid the risk of data theft, hacking attacks, data leaks to the web, and other dangers that minors are exposed to online. Take care of […]
June 15, 2023
Here are some tips from our cyber risk experts. Read on to enjoy a safe vacation! We are excited to search for the perfect vacation, trying to provide ourselves and our loved ones with a beautiful time and unforgettable moments. We usually take many precautions when going on vacation. We buy travel insurance, keep […]
May 30, 2023
Asked why he’d robbed banks, a notorious American gangster from the Great Depression era famously replied: ‘If they kept money in candy stores, I would rob candy stores.’ Is there any connection between old-style robbers and the plight of modern l law firms? On the surface, not really. After all, what can you steal from […]